Currently in my senior year at the University of Florida. I will be graduating in August with my bachelor of science in public relations with a minor in leadership for nonprofit organizations. After graduation, I plan to move to either New York City or California in hopes of landing a job in a fashion, luxury or traveling public relations agency.
I currently am a public relations intern at Taste of HOME, a nonprofit based in Gainesville. My duties include anything from event planning, social media marketing and promotional print material for our upcoming event.
Public Relations Coordinator February 2012 – Present
- Created press releases and media kits that were distributed to journalists
- Created relationships in order to make this app more than a product
- Help monitor and use social media sites to create a unique brand
Public Relations Intern January 2012 – Present
Taste of HOME
- Public Relations Intern handling all social media, Web site, and print material, such as press releases, e-briefs, fact sheets and more.
Webmaster Intern September 2011 – December 2011
HOME: Living in North Georgia
- Publishing and managing content using HTML/CSS
- Securing the Web site and servers
- Work with HOME Magazine team to improve current Web site functionality
- Embed social media applications
Public Relations Intern June 2011 – December 2011
David Greenberg Communications
- Created and distributed e-briefs, press releases, fact sheets and media kits.
- Maintained social media sites by uploading most recent photographs and calendars.
- Created new Websites and unique logos.
- Created and maintained relationships with former, current and new clients.
Public Relations Intern May 2010 – August 2010
Children Beyond Our Borders
- Draft basic public relations material including news releases, media alerts, fact sheets, memorandums and newsletters.
- Prepared and edited publications for internal and external audiences.
- Establish relationships with representatives of the community.
- Created and implemented a by-weekly video newsletter through YouTube.
- Maintained all social media outlets.